The first documented evidence of this church, which dates back to the Norman period, is from 1248. However, the current structure, like other churches in Badolato, dates back to the 17th century (1612).
In addition to the marbles (the holy water font, the baptismal font, the altars including the main altar dismantled after the Second Vatican Council) and some paintings (Our Lady of Sorrow, Our Lady with the Child), the church houses the wooden bust of Saint Andrew Avellino (beatified in 1624), the patron saint of Badolato, of Neapolitan School (17th century).
The bust of the Patron Saint was restored in the last century by the master sculptor from Serra San Bruno, Giuseppe Maria Pisani, but at present it needs further restoration. The responsible authority has already entrusted the restoration to our fellow countryman and master restorer, Pino Mantella, who operates throughout Italy and abroad, including Malta, where he restored the works of Mattia Preti.
Among the other wooden sculptures, there is one of Saint Francis of Paola, who was a co-patron of Badolato for a period. The statue of Saint Yves (or Ivo) is still preserved, who was believed to be the patron saint of Badolato before Saint Andrew. During the rituals of Holy Week, one can admire the exquisite bust of Ecce Homo, by an anonymous artist from the 19th century.