A corner devastated by the flood of 1951 that deeply affected the southern part of the town, extending to the east up to the Bastion and slightly beyond.
A late but indispensable and intelligent intervention turned the ruins of the area into elements that are not only admirable but also worth observing due to the implementation of technical measures that evoke memories of what is no longer there. Particularly, a comer of a house has been “appropriately” preserved, believed to be an evident trace of the medieval city walls, given its thickness and proximity to the entrance gate and the Bastion.
Nearby, there are also the ruins of some houses destroyed by the flood of 1855, serving as historical testimony. These ruins were left outside the containment walls that were later constructed because they were situated on excessively steep terrain.